October 18-20 2013: Bioneers National Conference. San Rafael, CA
September 27-29 2013: Student representative for the University of New mexico Adaptive Metropolis conference. UC Berkley, CA
June 2013 : Delegate for the University of New Mexico at the International Caribbean Studies Association Conference in Saint George's, Grenada.
January 2013: Presenter on behalf of (CSA) at UNM study abroad fair.
September 2012: Presenter at UNM Guadeloupe Delegation Share event, UNM
July 1-30 ,2012: Part of UNM sustainability/ hispanic Foodshed Field School development project.
June 2012 : Presenter at the International Caribbean Studies Association Conference in Le Gosier, Guadeloupe.
February 15-17, 2012: UNM Delegate Organic Farming Conference, ABQ, NM
March 23, 2011: UNM student delegate at AIAI First Nations Conference, Santa Fe ,NM
March 30-31,2011: Presenter at 9th annual South West Marketing conference , Gallup NM.
November 4 -5 2016 : Green Mobility Network Bike Valet for Seed Food and Wine Festival, Miami, Fl.
March 2011- Dec 2013 : Co-chair of Caribbean Studies Association (CSA) UNM. Student Organization.
May 2013: Design and Installation of community healing garden, Albuquerque Indian Center , Albuquerque,NM.
February 2013: Fundraising/ steering committee and planning committee Brazil Club/CSA partnership Carnaval/ Mardi Gras cultural celebration, Albuquerque, NM.
September-November 2012: Field cleaning with Agri-cultura Network farming cooperative.
October 2012: Solar panel installation , season extension project in local farm. South Valley, NM.
August 17, 2012: SEED economic impact Study farmers market, NM farmer's market Association.
August 3-7, 2012: Permaculture Designer course aid / facilitator at Earth and Us Farm. Miami, FL
May 21 : Assistant/ Organizer Medicine Wheel tree planting, Sanchez Farms Open Space, ABQ ,NM
May 14,2011 : Sanchez Farm Acequia Cleaning,planting, composting.
March 9, 2011: Organizer at 1st annual seed exchange in Old Town, ABQ
January 2010 - July 2010 : Oleta River State Park Nursery Manager, Miami, FL
Professional Experience (selected)
7/2017 - Current Graphic Designer + Planner
ANIMA DESIGN STUDIO , remote & project location
- Graphic Designer for online and off-line materials
- Project Branding
- Public outreach material development
- Food systems research
6/2016 - Current Volunteer and apprentice of Traditional Mexican Medicine : Curanderismo , Central Mexico, various locations
- Volunteer at Nierika Center, a multidisciplinary Association for the Preservation of Indigenous Traditions of Sacred Plants. ( Wixarika, Shipibo, Lakota)
- Apprentice of curandera Rita Navarrete in herbal medicine and curanderismo.
06/2013(Internship) 10/2014- 6/2016 Planning/ Urban Design The Street Plans Collaborative Miami, FL
Miami Beach Bicycle Pedestrian Master Plan; Graphic designer and editor
City of San Marcos, TX smart code; Graphic design
Burlington Bicycle Pedestrian Plan, Graphic design
Friends of The Ludlam Trail; Branding and Marketing
Lewiston Auburn Bicycle Plan; Graphic design
Ludlam Trail "Grassroots to Treetops" at the Coral Gables Museum; Exhibit designer, graphic design, branding
US-1 Mobility Plan, Village of Pinecrest, Florida; Editor, graphic design
Miami Beach Street Design Guide Project Manager, writer, chief designer, editor
Ponderay, ID Zoning Plan, chief designer, researcher, writer
Created graphic presentations for elected officials and community meetings
Chief designer of various projects for Main firm and non-profit components
On site and online researcher for various projects using community research methods.
03/2014 - 06/2014 Mapping Specialist Google.com New York, NY
- Visit venues around the country to provide way finding capabilities within Google Indoor Maps
- Update floor partner plans to reflect existing conditions Live on Google Maps
- Represent the Google brand through public interaction
- Align Google Earth and Google Maps satellites with physical location to improve accuracy of data.
8/2009- 4/2010 Customer Satisfaction Manager ActiveFilings LLC Miami, FL
- Handled customer support issues
- Provided sales and on-line help
- Ensured accuracy of information on corporate charters for filing
- Reviewed business formation processes with the IRS
1/2009- 6/2009 Assistant Interior Designer Luis Pons D-lab Miami , FL
- Created specification books for products
- Presented design ideas to project manager and architects
- Conducted all product research for projects (private residences and Margaritaville Casino)
- Produced budgets
- Assisted with minor interior design
3/2008- 1/2009 Assistant of Photography Moris Moreno Photography Miami, FL
- Archived and processed photos in Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom
- Provided customer service and marketing for the firm
- Handled administrative and clerical duties
1/2007 – 3/2009 Manager/ Incorporator Pacific Corporate Filings San Francisco, CA
- Handled customer satisfaction program
- Provided bilingual support to customers
- Created a division of international document certification for the company
- Translated content into Spanish for customers
Artist in Residency - "Equal Justice Residency", Santa Fe Art Institute 2017-2018, Santa Fe, New Mexico
Hispanic Scholarship Fund Scholarship award 2013-2014
1st Place Board competition (design) APA New Mexico Chapter Conference 2013. Farmington, New Mexico
2nd Place Board competition (design/content) APA New Mexico Chapter Conference 2013. Farmington, New Mexico
Bioneers National Conference Scholarship Award
African American Excellence Award at the University of New Mexico
UNM Alumni Association Scholarship award
Permaculture Design Certification
Body Talk Modules I & II