Nomadic Altar Juju Box
Nomadic Altar Juju Box
Moving around is a blessing but it's very taxing on the soul. The feeling of being uprooted and the tangible reality that you are always alone, can be liberating... but sometimes very difficult to digest. Traveling brings opportunities of friendship, exhilarating experiences and self growth, and it can be a lonely process. At the end of the day however, we are responsible about how we feel when no one else is around. The traveling #nomadicaltarjujubox is inspired in exactly that moment, when you are back with yourself only ... when you settle and nurture your light/ shadow and integrate your experiences for your own process. This altar is your true home, a tool for reflection from the outside in that includes plant medicine, and objects that together represent an elemental altar.
This altar contains the following:
- 1 Handwowen palm basket
- 1 Altar cloth: The altar cloth frames the place of your meditation/ prayer and elevates the setting through the intentional placing of this fabric.
- 1 serving of Harmony Tea Blend (boil, dont just steep): This is a nurturing, heart chakra and respiratory system supporting blend of endemic Mexica herbs used in traditional curanderismo. contains: Eucalyptus, Tejocote bark, Tejocote fruit, Cuatecomate, Cana fistula, purple bouganvillea, gordolobo and stevia leaf.
- 1 serving of Limpia/ Smudge Bundle (for smudging or bath spiritual hygiene) :You may open the bundle and use as smudge or boil a large pot of water like a tea, add sea salt and incorporate into a warm bath. This blend helps to cleanse your subtle bodies/ aura of stagnant energetic charges. Blend contains: Ruda, chamomille, calendula, myrrh, rosemary, marigold, flor de muerto, eucalyptus.
- 1 Incense burner and coal (1 veggie coal, 1 self lighting coal)
- 1 Gourd bowl : This bowl represents the water element either empty or full.
- 2oz of Copal de lagrima / Frankincense resin: Evidence indicates that the aroma of frankincense might help regulate emotions such as anxiety and depression.In modern magical traditions, frankincense is often used as a purifier – burn the resin to cleanse a sacred space, or use the essential oils* to anoint an area that needs to be purified. Because it is believed that the vibrational energies of frankincense are particularly powerful, many people mix frankincense with other herbs to give them a magical boost. Many people find that it makes a perfect incense to use during meditation, energy work, or chakra exercises such as opening the third eye.
- 1 white candle charged with Reiki Energy for contemplation or to set your intention for your prayer.
- 1 natural gourd rattle to accompany your mantra/ song.
Greetings and thank you for giving yourself this gift of contemplation and mindful selfcare. You are now holding a piece of a vision I had not long ago while in Mexico in late November 2017. I asked the medicine to give me a clear vision of how to share a piece of my journey and the teachings I’ve rediscovered so far, in a way that is inspiring to others without being constricting, and that instead invites each person to explore their relationship to ritual, themselves and their practice through the use of a physical altar. Each item and the container were carefully chosen, energetically charged with Reiki energy, and cleansed with Agua Florida.